It may just be early June, but the temperatures are definitely indicating that summer is here in full force! Sonic drinks, especially during Happy Hour, are a popular choice to cool down with, but what if you want to keep something fun and refreshing, like Sonic’s “Ocean Water” in your fridge at home? We have just the drink! Introducing a very cool, very blue, very similar to the infamous “Ocean Water” drink for you to enjoy on your back porch.
Recipe adopted from Baking Beauty
Serves: 2 large drinks
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- (2) 12 ounce cans of lemon lime soda or Sprite
- blue food coloring
- In a small microwave safe bowl stir water and sugar together.
- Heat for 30-60 seconds or until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour into a pitcher or punch bowl.
- Stir in soda, coconut extract and food coloring.
- Serve over ice and for extra fun, add a couple of Swedish Fish to go with the theme!
- Be refreshed.