Easter is almost here, and we wanted to share a way to utilize all the leftover Easter eggs! This recipe is a personal favorite from our very own Chef, Tamara Parker, and created by Two Healthy Kitchens.
BLT Egg Salad
- 12 hard-cooked eggs, chopped (6 yolks removed before chopping and reserved for another purpose)
- 1 cup diced tomatoes (from about 1 large or 2 small tomatoes)
- 3/4 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup shredded, reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped or crumbled bacon (from about 3-4 slices)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/4-3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
For serving: baby spinach or other greens as a sandwich topping or to make a salad; whole grain or toast for sandwiches; or whole grain crackers for dipping
- Gently combine all ingredients (except greens, bread or crackers) in a medium bowl. Taste and adjust salt level as needed.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Serve egg salad on whole grain bread or toast with baby spinach or other greens for sandwiches, or in large lettuce leaves or on a bed of greens for salads. Alternately, serve with whole grain crackers for dipping.
*Note: This egg salad can be made ahead and refrigerated a day or two before serving.
Happy Easter and hope you enjoy!
The Event Group