Merry Christmas, friends! The stockings are hanging, the fires are glimmering…but the cookies need to be made! Here is a mighty simple, Christmassy and oh-so-delicious gingersnap cookie recipes that friends, families and neighbors are all sure to enjoy!
Soft Baked Gingersnap Cookies
Recipe from Dessert Now Dinner Later
- ½ cup (1 stick or 8 Tbsp) unsalted butter, room temperature
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup molasses
- 1¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp ground cloves
- ⅛ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ cup+ granulated sugar for rolling
- Cream butter and brown sugar together until fluffy. Mix in egg, vanilla, and molasses until completely combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, salt, and spices.
- Add to wet ingredients until combined. Chill dough for 2 hours or overnight.
- Once chilled, roll dough into 1½-inch balls (about 1½ Tbsp each), roll in sugar and place on a silicone lined baking sheet.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Bake cookies for 8 to 9 minutes. Keep extra dough cold until it is baked. *Note: For a crispier gingersnap, bake a few minutes longer.
- Allow cookies to rest on the baking sheet for a couple minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container up to 5 days.
Maggie Lechner is the Social Media Coordinator for The Event Group, an awarded catering company in Northwest Arkansas. Feel free to reach out, they would love to hear from you! Please e-mail [email protected]