Memorial Day is just around the corner! With all of those end-of-school parties and weddings, etc. etc. -how could you have time to plan for a special Memorial Day meal? Well we have you covered for a very simple and yummy recipe to try for the day, Tortellini Kabobs.
- Cheese tri-color tortellini
- Grape tomatoes
- Fresh mozzarella balls marinated in oil and herbs
- Wood skewers
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta according to the directions on the package.
- Layout all ingredients on the counter for easy assembly.
- Start inserting ingredients on the skewer -first the tortellini, then the mozzarella cheese and last the tomato. Do this twice, for a total of 6 pieces per kabob.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle some of the mozzarella balls marinade on top of the kabobs. (Note: If all you can find is mozzarella balls in water then you can make your own marinade by mixing 1/2 cup of olive oil with 5 minced garlic cloves, 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, salt and pepper to taste.)
- You’re done. Wasn’t that easy? Enjoy!