While I love being treated to dinner at a nice restaurant, some date nights are just better and more comfortable when spent at home. There is something fun and intimate about creating a delicious meal in your own home, with your significant other and then enjoying it together. It’s key to eliminate distractions, so be sure to put away the phones, television background noise and (if you have children) decide an alternate plan for children. For my husband and I, we usually designate one night during the week that is spent as a ‘date night in’ for us that we are intentional with our time together and save money rather than just spending it on a meal out. Below is a super simple and healthy recipe that combines 2 of our favorites -spaghetti squash and spinach artichoke dip! Bon Appetit!
Greek Yogurt Spinach & Artichoke Dip Stuffed Spaghetti Squash with Chicken
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cooking Time: 45 minutes | Total Time: 1 hour
1 large (4-5 lb) spaghetti squash
2 tbsp olive oil, divided
Salt and Pepper
1 small onion, diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 cups rotisserie chicken, diced (or just cooked chicken)
1 (14.5 oz) can chopped artichokes, drained
1 pkg frozen spinach, thawed
1 cup plain greek yogurt
6 oz provelone cheese, divided
1 tbsp Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 415 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with foil. Spray with non stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Place the spaghetti squash in the microwave for 5 minutes. (This will help to cook the spaghetti squash quicker and make it easier to cut into).
- Remove from the microwave, be careful as it will be warm! Carefully cut in half, length wise. Scoop out the seeds and pulp from the middle.
- Drizzle each side of squash with 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place on prepared baking sheets and place in preheated oven. Roast for 35 minutes or until the flesh of the squash will shred easily when scraped with a fork; will be like spaghetti noodles.
- Meanwhile, heat a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and add the diced onion. Cook for 4 – 5 minutes, or until onion is soft.
- Add the diced red pepper and garlic. Cook for 10 – 15 minutes, or until veggies start to caramelize and are soft.
- Remove from heat, and add the chicken, artichokes, chopped spinach, greek yogurt, 4 oz of the provelone, italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Stir well to completely combine.
- Once squash is done, carefully scrape each squash half with a fork, to fluff and create the noodles.
- Divide the mixture among the two squashes and top with the remaining 2 oz of provelone.
- Place back in oven and cook for 10 minutes longer, or until heated through.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.
Recipe from With Salt & Wit
Maggie Lechner | The Event Group | Social Media Coordinator