It’s time for all things red, white and blue -4th of July of course! We have just the dessert recipe for you to color coordinate and celebrate this beloved American holiday.
Patriotic Rice Krispie Treats
Recipe adopted from Blooming Homestead
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 2 package (10 oz., about 40) marshmallows or 8 cups miniature marshmallows
- 9 cups Rice Krispie cereal
- Melt butter and marshmallows in microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until melted.
- Separate marshmallow mixture into 3 bowls and add food coloring for layers.
- Working one layer at a time, start pressing in the colored layers into 9×13 pan.
- Make sure there are no empty spaces or gaps.
- Allow a few minutes for each layer to set before adding on next layer.
- After top layer, allow entire treat to set up before using star shaped cookie cutters to cut out shapes.